Monday, April 23, 2012

Progress?

Here is a copy of the email that I recived today from Mr. McKenzie. Looks like we're making some progress! :)

Maurice McKenzie MMcKenzie@cityofandersonsc.com

10:26 AM (9 hours ago)

to me:

Thanks for the information.
I want to give you an update on where we are with things relating to chickens.  On Thursday, our Planning and Development Council committee will meet to go over some initial information regarding the keeping of chickens.  The staff will be presenting to them information regarding regulations in other communities, sample language used in cities that allow chickens, and some other pros and cons that have been researched.  This meeting is geared for the committee to communicate with the staff so that they will be better informed as we move forward with the process.  This is normal procedure as we introduce new regulatory items.  Since this is not a public hearing, there will be no voting on the matter.
I will let you know when we begin the public process on this, so you and others can voice your opinion to the Planning Commission and the City Council.  I expect that this opportunity will be soon--however, I will know more after the meeting on Thursday.  I will be back in touch with you on Thursday or Friday to let you know how we plan to proceed with the public process.

No comments:

Post a Comment